Right This Second #1

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Right This Second, I am...

- Addicted to two things:

The Dan in Real Life Soundtrack, which is essentially the one-man project of Sondre Lerche... one of those artists who makes you wonder how you could have gone about your life blindly before you had heard his voice.

And the most brilliant thing I've seen on Broadway since I don't even know when, [title of show]. If only it were not closing this weekend (just typing that hurt me a little inside) I would promise to take each of you in turn the next time you come to visit New York. *cough* It is refreshing and genuine and painfully funny and sincere and fantastically relevant. And those darn songs will never leave your head. Even if you never are blessed enough to see this show, everyone in the world, or at least in my life, should listen to the song Die, Vampires, Die. Yes... that's the name of the song. It's not actually about Vampires.

- Currently procrastinating on work for a class that I have in three and a half hours. This makes me a lazy slacker, with no work ethic. Just for the record.

- more than a little freaked out after just leaving my very last meeting with my academic adviser in my life. As I was sitting there I had a flash back to four years ago almost to the day, when I left his office to go cry in the bathroom, I was so terrified of the man. One of my plans for my Goodbye Tour is going to be to pay a visit to every public bathroom on campus I've ever cried in.

- loving all of the politically inspired (read: Obama-fan-mania) design that has been popping onto all of my blog feeds lately. I think that this election is bringing out the best in the design community.

- Slightly concerned about my staff meeting tonight. I have to host for the first time, and it will be both the first time they have all been in my apartment (and will see my incredibly illegal couch) and also the fist time I have had to cook for them. Not that I don't love cooking, but I get nervous when I know people are picky and there are going to be time constraints. I'm thinking about something nice and simple, like this. Everyone likes Carbonara, right? I mean, who can argue with eggs, cheese, and bacon? No one I'm willing to call a friend, that's who.

And there you have it. My current state of being.

0 comments: